JAM: Jets Aliens Missiles App Review, Tips and Tricks
5 years ago 1 Comment 271 Views
J.A.M., which stands for Jets, Aliens, Missiles, is a side-scrolling shooter app developed and published by Josh Preseissen. It is available for free in iTunes and is one of the really few games who are really free-to-play (other apps “require” you to purchase in-game to progress in each stage). It is a very addicting game that will surely guarantee loads of fun.
JAM is kind of a remake of the old Space Impact game we saw on early Nokia phones. The concept is very much the same: You go through a level against numerous alien monsters and at the end you face-off with giant . However, JAM added a feature that makes it great: customization. People love customizing stuff and that’s what makes this app go over the top. Though there are only few options, you can still customize your ship to use your weapon of choice and also customize its looks with awesome paint jobs.
The games graphics are great as well as its sounds. The user interface needs a little bit of tweaking though. Other than that, JAM: Jets Aliens Missiles is truly a great app. I’m looking forward to an update with more ships, weapons, and levels. I would recommend this app to everyone!
Tips and Tricks
– In the first few stages of the game, buy only the following: a shield upgraded to level 2, seeker missiles upgraded to at least level 6. The other upgrades are not worth it specially in their earlier levels. You’re better off with a shield and an upgraded weapon.
– Enemies come out with a definite pattern. Try to memorize them and you’ll be able to wipe them off even with less powerful weapons.
– Don’t buy shockwaves. They can only be used once and then you have to buy it again. It’s a complete waste.
– Don’t buy an Attractor in the earlier levels. They are not that useful until you’ve fully upgraded them.
– The best level to get enerjules is the Desert Strike Hard Mode (hard mode opens after you’ve beaten the level). The stage is easy enough to pull through and there are enemy cargo ships that give out large enerjules when hit. To do this, use the machine gun and when fighting the boss, don’t kill it yet. Enemy cargo vessels come during the fight and you can use the machine gun to kill them while not damaging the boss.
– Seeker Missiles are the best weapons especially in the early stages, though you have to master the timing first (because you have to release the trigger for the missiles to set off). Once you’ve mastered it, you’re all good. Machine Guns have a disadvantage in you needing to be in front of the enemy and that would be hard against certain types of enemies. Lasers are weak in their first few levels.
– To kill shielded enemies with seeker missiles, you must fire it lower/below the enemy. The missile will shot through its stomach and won’t be deflected.