Galaxy on Fire 2 Guide, Tips and Tricks
5 years ago 11 Comments 1.1k Views
Call me a noob but I’ve just discovered Galaxy on Fire 2 (GoF2). This game went on sale and I purchased the HD version and boy I wasn’t disappointed. The game is really awesome! I would seriously recommend this app to everyone!
Galaxy on Fire 2 is a very addicting app from Fish Labs. However, I saw a lot of people get frustrated with this app because it is a bit hard to get by on the early stages of the game. In this article, I’ve compiled some tips and tricks for those who are just starting out their space adventure in GoF2.
Tips & Tricks
Early in the game, it will be a bit hard to do anything because you only have a crude ship Betty and no money. So, the first thing we need to do is stack up some cash. There are two ways that we can go in making some money: first would be to become a trader; second would be to become a job hunter.
One way to earn money in GoF2 is to become a trader. To excel in trading, you should know where the price of an item is high and where it is low. This can be found in the hangar by pressing the “i” button next to an item. However, for this to be effective, you should go to many first stations first so you would know the prices on those systems.
Note: Space lounges are also a good area for trading. More often than not, items sold at the space lounge are lower than that in the hangar. However, you should always check it first.
Another way to earn money is to do side missions. Side missions can be found on the space lounge. However, since your ship is not that good enough. I suggest that you only do junk removal missions and document retrieval operations. You can also do purchase missions but check the hangar fist if it has the required item. If it doesn’t, do not accept the mission and choose another one instead. When you’ve earned enough, prioritize on buying a large cabin so you can also do courier missions. Keep on doing side missions first before doing the storyline.
Note: You can only do one mission at a time. Accepting another when you already have one will overwrite your former mission.
Edit: Medals also earn you money and some of them are easy to do. This will help you earn money in the earlier stages of the game. Medals are seen on your status.
The Valkyrie add-on adds a whole lot of new items (and of course, content) to the game. However, this can only be unlocked after finishing the original story line of GoF2. The Valkyrie add-on makes it easier for you to make more money. Side missions pay a lot and there is also the Loma station, the station where you can sell anything at a higher price. The following trick makes use of this. It is specially useful specially if you’re looking to get the Kaamo Club (worth 30M credits and 50T Buskat) without purchasing it with real money.
– Buy a Cormorant and equip the following items: Polytron Boost, Yin Co. Shadow Ninja, Khador Drive, automatic Turret (optional)
– Fill the remaining slots with Rhoda Blackhole. This will increase your cargo to insane amounts.
– Go to the Suteo system and purchase all turrets from all space stations. Don’t forget to check the space lounge for great deals
– Go to the Pan System and purchase Organs, Luxury and anything with supplies over 100 (check the prices though if they are the lowest/near the lowest). Do this on all space stations in the Pan system. Again, don’t forget to check the space lounge for great deals.
– Do the same (previous step) to the Wolf-Reisser system. Fill up your cargo with all sorts of items if you still have credits. However, save at least 15 energy cells. They will be used for the next step.
– Now that your cargo is full, we now head to Loma (any station would do). As soon as you get there, hit the boost button (found on the lower-left of the screen). Once you’ve stopped, immediately use the Yin Co. Shadow Ninja
– The pirates will ask for money, say no. They will try to attack but since you’re already cloaked, they won’t be able to.
– The cloak time will be enough to regenerate the Polytron Boost. Use it once it becomes available again.
– Now that you’re on the space station, sell all those goodies!
– After selling, go to Suteo and repeat the process. Once your ship steps out of the station, hit the boost button so you won’t be caught in the gunfire.
– Keep on doing side missions first before doing the storyline. I already have a Nuyang II when I continued the story.
– If you’re having difficulty targeting moving ships, use a thermo weapon. Thermo weapons “home” to the one you’ve targeted. Use it with caution though.
– As much as possible, don’t do “illegal goods intercept” missions. Even though they present a great opportunity to earn money (loot and prize reward), this puts you against the opposing faction. Same goes for “traitor” missions.
– If you’ve evoked hostility to another faction and you want to fix your reputation, go to your “allied” faction and shoot down all courier vehicles. That is, if you’re allies with the Terran, go and wreak havoc on them. This will adjust your status and help you regain back your reputation with the Vossks (the Terran’s opposing faction). Same goes for Midorians and Nivelians. This technique also presents you the opportunity for great loots.
– If you saw any vehicle that contains Vossk Organs, shoot it down immediately! Vossk organs are worth ~25k credits each. You can always repair your reputation later.
– For those who have the Valkyrie add-on, only sell your stuff in Loma. Prices in Loma are higher by ~1,000 credits
– When faced with too many enemies after stepping out of the hangar, you can just go back in and then set out again. The scenario usually changes after this.